Welcome

Just my rambling thoughts about being gay and Mormon

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

wierd as it gets





Alan returned from his mission a few months before I did.  The year was 1978 and we were both headed to BYU in Provo.  He found an apartment and started school a semester before me.  We had been best friends for a long time and wanted to room together.  However, he was already settled and had a contract with the King Henry apartment complex for the school year.  I moved into the King Henry complex a few apartments away with some friends of his that had an opening for a roommate.  This was during the early years of Sunstone Magazine, which held it's first annual symposium the next year.  I roomed with some guys who went on to become leaders of the Sunstone organization so I was exposed to new ways of thinking about LDS scholarship.  It was a fun time and there was a lot of energy around.  

Speaking of King Henry...more about the BYU story later ... now I'm going to watch the first episode of the 4th season of "The Tudors".  

No comments:

Post a Comment