Welcome

Just my rambling thoughts about being gay and Mormon

Thursday, December 16, 2010

Happier Now

Talking with my wife about my gay feelings has been the best thing I've done in a long time.  She has always been sensitive and open to those discussions.  Both of us hoped it would just go away when I was X'd but now we know it won't and dealing with it openly has been a breath of fresh air for me.  We both want to stay together and I'm confident it will continue to be OK and even better between us as we face it together.  I think I can do this as I'm more mindful about what I'm feeling and just accepting me for who I am and knowing it is OK.  

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you have a gem of a wife! Treasure that, my friend. Treasure that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am grateful that I came out to my wife, but it has taken a long time for me to be able to say that. There have been times, and still are, when we tend to sweep things under the rug moreso than confront them. She'd like to think that the whole thing will just go away, but she knows it isn't and so she's slowly dealing with it, and accepting it, but not embracing it, and is hoping that I don't necessarily need to embrace it either. Slow progress, but a wife that is willing to stick it out and make it work and make it even better and work toward strengthening the relationship is indeed a major blessing. We are definitely better together than apart.

    I am thrilled to find your blog and hope to be able to learn from your experiences. We are obviously of a similar age ( I was in junior high in the 70s) and so I welcome a fellow 50-something MOHO MOM to the community!

    ReplyDelete