Welcome

Just my rambling thoughts about being gay and Mormon

Friday, May 13, 2011

John and me


If you're not in Utah you may have missed the latest Mormon scandal as former governor/ambassador John Huntsman told Time magazine this week that ...well read it for yourself below:

"And as for whether or not Huntsman still belongs to the Church of Latter-day Saints, I know less than I did before I asked him. ("I'm a very spiritual person," as opposed to a religious one, he says, "and proud of my Mormon roots." Roots? That makes it sound as if you're not a member anymore. Are you? "That's tough to define," he says."

Kind of refreshing to have a Mormon answer honestly about his feelings toward the church. Obviously, the vast majority in Utah think he is on the fast track to hell despite having a GA for a father and an apostle for his grandfather.  I can relate.  

1 comment:

  1. Yeah. It's hard even here in California to simply say "I'm Mormon by upbringing and heritage, but I don't accept the theology" and not have other members look at you like you are (1) Satan, or (2) some sad, confused soul who will see the light someday. I think it's the nature of the doctrine. Truly understood, it's an all or nothing proposition.

    ReplyDelete