Welcome

Just my rambling thoughts about being gay and Mormon

Sunday, September 25, 2011

My wish for you


I was so completely disgusted with what I read online today about the Evergreen International conference.  Evergreen's teachings are wrong and extremely hurtful.  But rather than comment on that, here is what I wish;


I wish I could have a conversation with every young gay Mormon.  I would tell each one that he/she is not defective or broken and that they are the way God created them and wants them to be.  Each of us should enjoy the wonderful gift of being gay and love and live life to the fullest.  Don't waste time or energy fighting imaginary demons placed in your head by religion or culture.  Banish the word struggle from your life and go with your heart.  It will not lead you wrong.  Life is too short to be unhappy and conflicted.  


You are wonderful. Go be true to yourself. If that means getting away from your family or religion or moving to a new place -- DO IT. Have the courage to live your life, not someone else's life. Be who you are not who you think you should be. 


You are stronger and braver than you know. Go find your place in the world and love, and give, and be authentic, and you will be happy and have a great life.  Don't be afraid of making mistakes. Life is about making lots of them. Embrace your mistakes and your vulnerabilities. 


Don't hide. Embrace your sexuality and your emotions. Learn mindfulness.  Ignore those who hate or judge. Break some rules but don't hurt yourself or others. Travel and learn about people and places. You will find new homes for your heart. Don't read the news too often or let the calamity in the world overwhelm you. Life moves in a cycle of good and bad. The bad will pass and the good should be celebrated. 






2 comments:

  1. Yes, yes yes! I could not agree more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish the same...

    Thanks for the photo essay as well, celebrating that wish.

    ReplyDelete