Welcome

Just my rambling thoughts about being gay and Mormon

Tuesday, March 26, 2013

LIFE 3.0


 I'm back.
Last time I blogged it was Dec 2012

Much has changed since then. The last few years have been the hardest and in some ways the most learning time in my life. I'm now single. That seems very strange to write, but true. 

I'll write more about what has happened and where I see myself - but for now it is enough to say I've started LIFE 3.0.
LIFE 1.0 was when the world was new; I was innocent, trusting, loyal, Mormon, and believing. This period included the period from my first consciousness to when I married after returning from an LDS mission to Argentina.
LIFE 2.0 was my married life (to a woman). It was wonderful in many many ways but in a few ways it was like putting a round peg in a square hole. It fit, but was obviously not designed for that mold. It took me a long time to come to accept being gay. I was a round  peg not a square peg. When I accepted who I was it was easier, but still the fit was incomplete. LIFE 2.0 ended this month when my wife passed away.
And so I begin LIFE 3.0 as a single gay man. I'm carrying forward the love and joy and happiness that I found in 1.0 and 2.0, but beginning a very different life.

You are welcome to join me as I explore my past and my future at the same time in this blog. 

4 comments:

  1. I am so sorry for your loss. I can feel how much you love your wife. Wishing you peace and comfort through these sadnesses.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow--I'm so sorry to hear, losing loved ones is never easy. Sending you lots of warm thoughts, because LIFE 3.0 might come with a lot of glitches, bugs (hopefully not THAT kind of bugs) but hopefully it will bring you a lot more good outcomes based on what you've learned in the previous versions.
    Hugs,Miguel

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so sorry for your loss. You have my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck to you. I look forward to the updates.

    ReplyDelete