Welcome

Just my rambling thoughts about being gay and Mormon

Saturday, August 3, 2013

It's been a while ... sorry, I've been out being gay...

Wow, I've been away for a long time.  Sorry about that.  It's a great time to be gay in America and I've been out and about enjoying it.

I've supported the fight for marriage equality across the country and participated as more and more states have changed their outdated laws.  I celebrated the Supreme Court's recent decisions supporting marriage equality.
 I've attended Pride festivals and parades in several cities and participated in amazing gatherings of LGBT folk. 

I've met some really cool guys and gone on dates in many of the cities that I've visited. I continue to be amazed at the diversity, talent, and strength in gay communities across the US.

 I've continued to follow the pace of change within the Mormon church. For some, it probably seems like rapid change but considering where the organization started, they are still decades behind and I continue to believe that they won't catch up during my lifetime.
I am happier than I ever thought possible. There are still times when it's easier to cry than anything else but overall, I'm doing great and loving life.

I will try to do better at posting to this blog on a more regular basis...but don't hold your breath.  Love you all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment